Tuesday 11 August 2009

Fastnet / Figaro

Mostly spending my time watching the Figaro and the Fastnet races on the PC.

Draig O'r Mor, my friends Kev and Kay are competing in the Fastnet so I'm trying to keep tabs on their progress at the hourly scheds. Darren has also gone with them as well as Micky Carter. Good luck to all of them, I'd have loved to have gone with them.

Also watching the Open 60 class with interest - nice to see Sam doing well on Artemis 2, does this mean that the boat has the potential that it was supposed to have? What's going on with Hugo Boss, does she not like going upwind?

Talking of Figaros, last night I went out for the test sail of Rattler's new sails with Richard and Simon, Simon's Dad and John Pollard of Westaway Sails. Sparkly bits of carbon cloth which seemed to pull the boat along, a little overpowered at times in the strong breeze with the No. 1 and full main (both new).

No comments:

Post a Comment