Monday 5 October 2009

WSC Autumn Series - Race 1

I managed to prise the tiller from Stuart's hands for the first race of the autumn series, or to be more correct Stephen let me do it because by rights it should have been his turn. I really liked getting back on the helm but made sure to learn from Stuart's techniques for getting the boat going fast - I think I read somewhere about Laser 28s "first go fast then point".

Still sailing in PY class which means we're the fastest boat in class, it makes a change from being the slowest boat in the IRC class. This meant that we were first over the water by a pretty good margin and eventually coming third on handicap to boats behind. Ho hum, we had a patch of very light air that maybe they didn't get. We sailed a good race with moments of brilliance, for me the best bit was an inside overlap leeward mark rounding with a windward spinnaker drop which took out Foxed Again and Snow Goose (even though they weren't in the same class!). Great crew work from everyone.

Looking forward to next week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment