Tuesday 6 July 2010

A catch up for this week.

I've not got around to making any posts for a while, just kind of busy. The final Rear Admiral's Cup race was a light airs affair (how I'm sick of those!) but I think we did alright and hopefully enough between Sole Bay and us to lift the cup, but once again we didn't make three boats representing Weymouth Sailing Club. It's OK though because I think no-one will be doing it next year!

Following that was a very disappointing thursday race, once again in fairly light airs, we probably had too many people on board and the dying evening breeze really scuppered us. I was quite down afterwards, wondering if my driving was rubbish or what it was. It's so depressing to see those Sigmas get away so easily. I think it was a lot of things that gave us a poor result but the major reason has to be Farr Out's bottom. I dived the boat on friday and found the bottom filthy with grass growing on port side. Now nicely scrubbed but I guess all the bright sunshine we've had over the last three weeks had really ramped up the weed growth, which kind of corresponds with the poor performances in light airs (I hope!). Maybe VC Offshore is not the antifoul to use in the location we're moored, I think we'll try something else next year.

So with a newly shiny bottom I'm looking forward to this weekend's Henri Lloyd Weymouth Regatta, where we've opted to enter the PY1 class so that we can play with MGC27s. You never know we might be able to use our new secret weapon.........

No comments:

Post a Comment