Wednesday 28 July 2010

La Solitaire Le Figaro

For those of you that might have missed it the Figaro started yesterday from Le Havre.

http://www.lasolitaire.com
It's probably my favourite yacht race of the year, and worth following if you have the time. No Nigel King this year but let's hope that he can get back in the mix next year after his encouraging performance last year. The sole hope of the Rosbifs this year is Jonny Malbon on Artemis, who I have to say is looking more confident after the training that he has received at "Figaro School"in La Grande Motte. 17th in the prologue race out of 45 skippers and currently mid fleet. That is an incredible placing for an englishman in the Figaro fleet. Good luck Jonny keep it up.
http://www.artemisoceanracing.com/

With Artemis committed to starting a Figaro school in the UK there's hope yet. I wonder if I can sign Sam up, or do you think two is a little young for training?

I'm lining up for my first single handed round the cans on FarrOut this thursday. Gonna train with a double handed with Richard on Saturday. I wish I'd had some of that Figaro training.......

No comments:

Post a Comment